Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A New Beginning

I'm creating a new blog here for just my current attempts to make "art". I love working in my other blog, but it has become a place to interact with friends on various levels. Hence, it includes much more of me than just my artistic explorations.
I hope to have many things to show here in coming days/months/years. Don't hestitate to leave your comments...I will enjoy hearing what you think!
Meantime, here's an earlier watercolor, just to get started. This was an attempt some time ago to teach myself watercolor...with limited success, I'm afraid.

6 comments:

  1. Limited success my foot! LOL That should have told you that you had oodles of talent with watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it was limited success at all, I think it's great! Especially that aubergine in the middle. (That is what they're called, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the painting is great, color,placement...did you use traditional WC or pencil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your painting is great, color, placement, did you use traditional WC or WC pencil? Looks like traditional, but I see you are in the WC pencil class...??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good grief Mary, cut yourself some slack. (Honestly, between you and Shashi... hmpfff!) That is a framable piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Limited success my foot ^^ Teehee... sorry, but I HAVE to agree with that too. See, first of all the colors are great, and there's control in how they flow, and there's lighting, and then there's like shadings... and guess what, you scored high points in ALL of those(not that I am an art teacher or have I been to any art-school) :)

    ReplyDelete