Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kate's WC pencil class, lesson #3


Watercolor pencils on Arches WC paper 5x7"
This was done from a photo taken at the Outer Banks last year just for the cloud formations. I was having some difficulty lifting the color for the clouds so they aren't as spectacular as the ones in the photo, but this was the best attempt I've made so far. Someone suggested it needed a focal point, so as an experiment to see if cropping the picture would allow the clouds to become the focus I tried it (below). What do you think? I think perhaps another drawing giving the emphasis to the cloud formations would help even more. I do love clouds!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. YOu have such a lovely soft touch. I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the clouds were done! The really do pop out like cotton candies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I do love clouds, too. In fact, I was dreaming about clouds last night!

    ReplyDelete