Saturday, August 15, 2009

Frustration


Okay, this is one of the sources of the frustration I mentioned in the previous post. I wasn't going to post this, but at least you can see I was working on *something*!
I finally got the blossoms to an acceptable stage, but the background just would not cooperate in spite of (or because of) multiple glazes......and a mild expletive or two.
This is watercolor and WC pencils on hot pressed paper, 9x12".
LOL! I see I inadvertently left a tiny white spot beneath the upper blossom! Oh my...

2 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself. It is lovely. Perhaps you need the background to be darker. Water colours generally dry into a lighter shade don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you envisioned the background to be, but I think the background looks pretty, soft and complimentary to the flower.

    ReplyDelete