Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack!

It has been too long awhile since I've posted here, and just as long awhile since I've done anything "postable" in my studio. I've been entertaining the mother of all artist's blocks (well it has been that overwhelming for me, anyway) and I feel like I'm starting all over again.
Albeit with some trepidation, I signed up for a class with Laure Ferlita and am finding that the lessons are just the right challenge without being too intimidating....which I think was Laure's intent in setting this class up. Anyway, though I've been very slow about keeping up with the class, I have accomplished a few things and here is a sample. I'm very bravely posting even the "oops" factors, so have fun finding them! LOL!! Some things turned out better than I expected and some things didn't..........




2 comments:

  1. I wish I knew who you were comparing yourself to Mary - I am not just being kind or encouraging when I say that you paint beautifully. Your colors are so fresh and clear - I am jealous! I really like the lemons, but the fortune cookie tickles me to pieces. Look how well-rendered that shadow is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your water color paintings and would be thrilled to be able to use them so well. My favorite is the one with the lemons in the bowl. Love that blue with the yellows and the subtle shading you gave everything. Looks like you're moving thru that nasty block you've had going on.

    ReplyDelete